It has been my prime focus to try and introduce products which can reduce the unnecessary garbage created by us where ever possible.
One of the most sensitive regions I found which needed an improvement was the unnecessary usage of the “Aluminium Tea-Light Candles”.
Everyday billions of tea-lights are made especially in China, and we use them for a few hours and chuck them creating unnecessary garbage.
Now I have come out with 2 systems to replace this, and be environmental –friendly and responsible to mother earth, which is the need of the hour.
An oil –based tea-light, which runs on oil and wick. This was introduced a few years ago and has caught on and done a lot of good size 2.25 inches diameter 0.75 inches height Price Rs. 50 each. Now recently invented and introduced is a unique wax tea-light system –
Chotu eco-friendly, organic wax powder system: Tis new invention firstly has been named: “CHOTU” in honor of my most beloved companion who left his physical body on the 4thapril 2012, leaving behind a void in this space and my life. This extraordinary being was so involved in the whole pottery and was always around me during my creations on the wheel. His unique presence from the beginning – that is from the first potter’s wheel being constructed to this invention which was taking shape (when he was so sick.) made me feel it would be appropriate to name this creation CHOTU, as it means small and this small tea-light is “small” but has the power to change a lot on this planet.
The invention involves a permanent base tea-light made of ceramic and comprising of a notch and a ceramic ring. To make a candle one has to put a pre-cut wick which is provided in the ceramic ring and fill the powder of organic wax, and the candle is ready for use. It takes just a few seconds to make the candle and after every use one has to only snap out the ring with a nail provided and this pulls out the residual wick from the last usage, and one makes the candle again in the way explained above.
Benefits of the System:
- One permanent base lifelong: There will be no eco-garbage created at all, unlike the Chinese aluminium tea light candles of the use and throw nature
- One permanent ring to hold the wick: In case of aluminium tea lites there is an aluminium base at the centre of the candle which holds the wick in position, this ring so often falls into the environment and the chances of this getting recycled is almost nill.
- Organic wax: The wax in the chinese candles is paraffin wax which is a synthetic petroleum product and in contrast to this the wax here is vegetable oil based and is thus organic.
- A very good consistent flame with a very good glow till the very end. The last hours of the aluminium tea light are weak and do not give sufficient glow and illumination.
- One can carry this tea-light from one corner to another, as compared to aluminium which gets too hot and cant be carried around.
- Gives everyone a “unique kind of joy and happiness “to build their own candles”. Without having to depend on someone else. This joy has its own beauty and is uncomparable.
- One can make this a aromatic candle by pouring a few drops of selected essential oil at the base of the tea lite.
But the most valid and encouraging thing about this invention is complete elimination of the useless eco-garbage we all create. This eco-garbage on a cumulative basis is colossal. Imagine how much gargage is created from a billion such units produced everyday. It’s you and me who can make a difference now. in every possible way, and this certainly is a big way ,many more am sure are still to come, and lets act now and stop the procrastination with no further delay and replace this tiny intangible way of lighting an aluminium tea-light candle everyday to produce junk by, a better, cleaner, healthier alternative.
A: Indian shape, in these wax tealights I have provided a variety of shapes. The Indian one is like a katori and is approx. 2 inches in diameter.
It comes as a kit containing 2 tea-lights and 2 permanent rings. Along with it is packed 100grams of organic wax powder and 12 pre-cut wicks in an envelope Rs. 300
Thereafter one has to purchase half kg wax boxes provided with 60 pre-cut wicks. Price for half kg.wax Rs. 250